The purpose of the meeting is to:
- provide a forum for the SIDS of the three regions to evaluate continuing national and regional challenges in implementing the Mauritius Strategy,
- to discuss common priorities for action,
- and to finalize a global synthesis report for consideration by CSD-18 acting as the preparatory committee for the high-level review of the Mauritius Strategy in September 2010.
Major Groups Participation
Major groups are invited to nominate representatives to the Inter-regional Meeting.
Inputs to the Inter-regional Meeting
The review meetings held in the Pacific, AIMS and
- Pacific Regional Synthesis Report
- AIMS Regional Synthesis Report
- Caribbean Regional Synthesis Report
The regional reports are based on National Assessment Reports by SIDS, as well as inputs from UN Agencies, intergovernmental organizations, non-SIDS countries and major groups.