Special Event on “Investment promotion regime for foreign direct investment in LDCs”
Friday, 24 October 2014
11:00 – 13:00 p.m, Conference Room 2, UNHQ
The Second Committee will hold a panel discussion on “Investment promotion regime for foreign direct investment in LDCs” on Friday, 24 October 2014, from 11:00 to 13:00, in Conference Room 2 (CB), organized by the Office of the High Representative for the LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS (UN-OHRLLS).
The panel discussion will be chaired by His Excellency Sebastiano Cardi, Chair of the Second Committee and Permanent Representative of Italy to the United Nations, presentations will be made by Mr Gyan Chandra Acharya, Under Secretary-General and High Representative of UN-OHRLLS (key note speech); His Excellency Mr. Jean Francis Zinsou, Permanent Representative of the Republic of Benin to the United Nations and the Chair of LDCs; and Her Excellency Ms. Bénédicte Frankinet, Permanent Representative of Belgium to the United Nations. Concluding remarks will be provided by Mr. Karl Sauvant, Resident Senior Fellow, Columbia Law School, Columbia University.
For further details, please contact Mr. Abdul Alim (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Concept Note for the Second Committee event on ”Investment Promotion Regimes for FDIs in the LDCs”
- Draft Programme of the event
- SG’s report ”Strenghening investment promotion regimes for FDIs in the LDCs”
- SG’s report ”Implementation of the PoA for the LDCs for 2011 – 2020”
- Istanbul Programme of Action
- Cotonou Agenda for productive capacity building in LDCs