Latin American Regional Meeting in preparation for the Comprehensive Review of the Almaty Programme of Action – 18-19 November 2013
The Latin America Regional Review meeting on the implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action for the Landlocked Developing Countries will be held on 19 November 2013 in Asuncion, Paraguay, as part of the preparatory process for the Comprehensive Ten-Year Review Conference of the Almaty Programme of Action to be held in 2014.
The objective of the meeting is to review the implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action at a regional level in Latin America including identification of the major achievements, constraints experienced, emerging challenges and the opportunities presented; and to identify policy recommendations and actions to enable the Latin American LLDCs to fully participate in the global trade and realise their full potential for sustainable and inclusive development.
Hosted by the Government of Paraguay, in cooperation with the United Nations Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean, and UN-OHRLLS, the meeting will bring together all the relevant stakeholders in Latin American LLDCs, transit countries, development partners, private sector and academia.
The regional review meeting will be preceded by an Experts Group Seminar on the economic development, logistical costs and the situation of landlocked developing countries which will be held on 18 November 2013.
18 November 2013: Seminar on Economic Development, Logistical Costs and the Situation of Landlocked Developing Countries
- The Economics and Costs of Landlockedness – Erdenebileg Sandagdorj, Chief, OHRLLS
- Hinterland, Logistical Integration and Dry Ports – Gordon Wilmsmeier, Economic Affairs Officer, ECLAC
19 November 2013: Latin America Regional Review
- Opening Statement by Amb. Frederico Gonzalez, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Paraguay
- Opening Statement by Antonio Prado, Deputy Executive Secretary of ECLAC
- USG Statement at the Regional Review Meeting on the Implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action in Latin America
Review of the Implementation of the Almaty Programme of Action at the Global, Regional and National Levels