- This event has passed.
Launch of the Broadband Commission report of the Working Group on Broadband for the Most Vulnerable Countries: “Broadband for national development in four LDCs: Cambodia, Rwanda, Senegal and Vanuatu”
12 July 2018 @ 12:30 pm - 1:30 pm
The Broadband Commission for Sustainable Development’s Working Group on Broadband for the most vulnerable countries has issued a report: Broadband for national development in four LDCs: Cambodia, Rwanda, Senegal and Vanuatu on 12 July, 2018 at a special event on the margins of the High Level Political Forum taking place in New York.
The event will take place from 12:30PM to 1:30PM in Conference Room 11. A UN grounds pass is required in order to attend.
The report shows how broadband, or high-speed internet helps Least Developed Countries (LDCs) overcome vulnerabilities, grow economies and enhance people’s livelihoods. In particular, the report focuses on four LDCs: Cambodia, Rwanda, Senegal and Vanuatu and will highlight progress across the four countries in expanding infrastructure and improving affordability of broadband.
Download the report
The panel will feature:
- Moderator: Mr. Amir Dossal, Commissioner of Broadband Commission; President and Chief Executive Officer of the Global Partnerships Forum
- Presentation by Ms. Fekitamoeloa Katoa ‘Utoikamanu, Under-Secretary-General and High Representative for LDCs, LLDCs and SIDS (UN-OHRLLS)
- Remarks by H.E. Mr. Odo Tevi, Permanent Representative of Vanuatu to the UN
- Remarks by Ms. Ursula Wynhoven, ITU Representative to the UN, New York Office
- Remarks by the representative of the Broadband Commissioner: Ms. Elizabeth Rojas Levi, Senior Director, Public Affairs & Government Relations, Americas, Nokia Corporation
- Ms. Vanessa Gray, Head, Least Developed Countries, Small Island Developing States & Emergency Telecommunications Division Telecommunication Development Bureau, ITU
- Mr. Ethan Lucarelli, Director, Regulatory and Public Policy at Inmarsat, on behalf of the Broadband Commissioner, Mr Rupert Pearce (TBC)
|Broadband for national development in four LDCs: Cambodia, Rwanda, Senegal and Vanuatu||Download (Available 12 July 2018)|