2017 Annual Ministerial Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Landlocked Developing Countries
20 September 2017
- « Accelerating Inclusive and Sustainable Development in Landlocked Developing Countries (LLDCs) Through Structural Transformation: Pursuing Policy at the Nexus of Infrastructure and Industrialization
- Expert Group Meeting on Financing Infrastructure Development for Enhanced Integration of LLDCs into Global Trade »
Theme: Accelerating the implementation of the Vienna Programme of Action and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development
This year marks the third year of implementing the VPoA and the second year of implementing the 2030 Agenda and the key objectives of the Ministerial Meeting include the following:
– Review the progress made by the LLDCs in the implementation of the Vienna Programme of Action including identifying the challenges faced.
– Review in particular the progress made and challenges faced in mainstreaming the Vienna Programme of Action and the SDGs by the LLDCs.
– Share knowledge, experiences and innovative approaches on implementation of the Vienna Programme of Action.
– Identify recommendations and opportunities for accelerating synergies and implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Vienna Programme of Action at the national level in LLDCs, as well as regional and global levels.
*Time (TBC), Conference Room TBC
|Vienna Programme of Action for the LLDCs for the Decade 2014-2024||English|
|Transforming Our World: the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development||English|
|Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing For Development||English|
|WTO Agreement on Trade Facilitation||English|
|General Assembly Resolutions on the LLDCs||English|
|Report of the 5th Meeting of Ministers of Trade of LLDCs||English|
|Report of the Annual Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Landlocked Developing Countries held in 2016||English|
|Achieving Sustainable Transport in Landlocked Developing Countries||English|